About the Society
Publications
Round and About the Area
Frequently Asked Questions
Historical Walks
Services
Photo Album
Contacting the Society
Links
  Home
 
 
Round and About the Area
 >> Events
 >> Themes
 >> Places
 >> People
 >> Buildings
 

LIMERIGG CHURCH OF SCOTLAND


NS 8565 7064

1885:  Mission started by Slamannan Parish Church in the early 1880s and a building erected in 1885.

1900s: Ministry at the mission reverts back to the Parish Church.

1951: Church wrecked by a gale.

1953: Re-opened.  It was known locally as the “Tin Tabernacle”.

2003: The building was found to be unstable and needed to be demolished.

Bell: Purchased from Chapel St in Airdrie.

MINISTERS OF LIMERIGG CHURCH OF SCOTLAND

1885

Waugh, George

Feb 1890

 

Brown, A

April 1893

Jun 1893

Waddell, Alex

Jan 1898

Apr 1898

Lorraine, J J

 

Apr 1901

Arnot  

Geoff B. Bailey (2016)

 Back to Index of Churches in Slamannan Parish

 
 
   
Copyrights 2005.All rights reserved.Designed by G7 Design