NS 9110 7248
1844 Avonbridge Evangelical Union Church 1896
1896 Avonbridge Congregational Union Church Present
1844: New congregation formed by members of the Bathgate and Falkirk Evangelical Union churches. Meetings at Bulliondale Cottage which later became known as "the Auld Chaipel".
1860: New building erected on Main Street at the south end of the village. The west gable fronts on to the street and contains the main entrance, above that is an Italianate window the keystone of which bears the date 1860. The walls are of random rubble, the stone coming from a local quarry.
1929: New hall built on the south-east corner of the church.
1970: Church linked with the Trinity Evangelical Union in Falkirk.
1973: Church now linked with the Church of Scotland.
MINISTERS OF AVONBRIDGE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
1851 No minister 1855
1863 No minister 1867
1869 No minister 1878
Rae, James May 1887
Apr 1907 Ramsay, J R
Dec 1915 Lynch, Charles
Sep 1921 Baillie, Thomas
Aug 1925 Todd, W S Dec 1930
Apr 1931 Stoddart, Harold
Webb, William Apr 1935
Findlay, Donald Aug 1970
Geoff B. Bailey (2016)
Back to Index of Churches in Slamannan Parish