SLAMANNAN FREE CHURCH
NS 8687 7287 ; NS 8562 7299
1843 Slamannan Free Church 1900
1900 Slamannan United Free Church 1929
1929 Balquhatstone Church of Scotland 1961
1843: The entire Kirk Session of Slamannan resigned and the following year a Free Church opened near Pirnielodge on the north side of the railway adjacent to the public road.
1860: New building started at Balquhatstone on Station Road not far from the Culloch Burn on land donated by Mrs Waddell of Balquhatstone. Opened 4th August 1861 at a cost of £850.
1864: New building destroyed by fire although the contents, including the seats, were saved. Notwithstanding the disaster it was rebuilt the next year.
1876: Mission started at Longrigend, became a preaching station in 1882, and raised to a full charge in 1888.
1945: Union with the Parish Church.
1946: Last service in the church building which was thereafter used as a church hall.
1961: Building taken over by Stirling County Council, demolished and developed for housing. A memorial plaque to Wm Eyral moved to the session house of the Parish Church.
1840s: Manse built at the corner of New Street and Pirnielodge Road in Slamannan (NS 8568 7312).
1946: Sold being surplus to requirements.
1861: Between 500 and 600.
MINISTERS OF SLAMANNAN FREE CHURCH
1847 Eyval, William Apr 1861
Jul 1861 Tuller, William 1874
May 1875 Reid, Archibald Dec 1892?
Jul 1892 Strathairn, George May 1983
Oct 1898 Stewart, William Robert May 1921
Nov 1921 Brackenridge, James Calderwood Jun 1925
Apr 1925 Whyte, William MacKenzie 1928
Aug 1928 Duncan, Reginald Sep 1931
Apr 1932 Martin, John Robson Apr 1938
Dec 1938 Wilson, William Iain Girdwood 1941
Feb 1944 Moncrieff, Hope Mar 1945
Geoff B. Bailey (2016)