SLAMANNAN METHODIST CHURCH
Slamannan Wesleyan Methodists NS 8566 7324
1872: The first service was held in a schoolroom at Binniehill.
1874: Building erected in New Street. Four foundation stones engraved ”23rd March, 1874" lie at the corners of the building, each laid by a different person. Behind one of these stones a 'time capsule' was incorporated. The church lies east/west with its south wall along the street containing a porch at its west end. Cost c£800.
Missions were run to the surrounding mining villages.
1893: Extension to vestry, church renovated and painted. Re-opened October 1899.
1917: Building sold to Church of Christ as most of the congregation had moved away from the Slamannan plateau as mining ceased. It is now a private house.
MINISTERS OF SLAMANNAN METHODIST CHURCH
Sep 1893 Robertson
Parkinson, R June 1897
1900 Moss 1912
Geoff B. Bailey (2016)
Back to Churches in Slamannan Parish Index
Back to Churches Index